This Privacy Notice is effective from November 1, 2020
- PersonalizeHemA is a free mobile application (“Application”) provided to you by Takeda Canada Inc.
- This Application is intended for Canadian residents only. This Application is not intended for users who have not reached the age of majority within the jurisdiction in Canada where they live without consent from their parents or guardian. “You” or “Your”, as that term is used in this Application, includes your parent or legal guardian if you are under the legal age of majority in your province/territory of residence.
- When you use this Application, Takeda will collect data and information from your mobile device that has been anonymized and does not directly identify you. You may choose to contact Takeda and provide personal information in your communications with us.
- The anonymized information collected, by the Application will be stored on your device as well as on a server.
- It is Your responsibility to maintain the security of the device with the device’s password and security features.
- If you choose to use any forms within the Application to contact Takeda, personal information will be required at the time to establish communication between you and Takeda. This information will be transmitted via email to Takeda. Any personal information entered into these forms will not be stored by the Application or on its associated server.
- Information that you choose to enter into the Application to use provided functionality will be stored on the device in an encrypted format.
- By deleting the application from your device, you delete any Information stored on your device that is associated with the Application.
- If you choose to communicate with Takeda, you may provide us with personal information in your communications. We use such information to respond to your communication, as described in our Privacy Notice. For more detailed information on how Takeda processes your personal data, please refer to Takeda’s Privacy Notice at https://www.takeda.com/en-ca/privacy-policy
- This application can display health and fitness data that is controlled natively by your device. Permission is controlled at the device level using settings provided by Apple or Google and must be explicitly granted by you prior to this Application reading and displaying any health and fitness data.
- Health and fitness data is not accessible to Takeda.
Takeda recognizes and respects the privacy rights of individuals with regards to their personal data. When you use this Application, Takeda will collect data and information from your mobile device that has been anonymized and does not directly identify you.
If you choose to communicate with Takeda, you may separately provide us with personal information.
The PersonalizeHemA Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains what type of personal data we may collect from you and how it will be used when you use the PersonalizationHemA Application. For more detailed information on how Takeda processes your personal data, please refer to Takeda’s Privacy Notice at https://www.takeda.com/en-ca/privacy-policy.
If you have any questions concerning Takeda’s privacy practices or wish to access or correct personal data that Takeda has collected from you, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us: Inquiries and Complaints” section below.
Takeda respects the privacy of individuals and complies with all applicable privacy laws including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and similar provincial laws.This Notice describes:
- The purposes for which Takeda collects and uses anonymized information
- How Takeda protects your personal information
- The types of third parties with whom Takeda may share your personal information
- How you can make enquiries, request access, or submit complaints with respect to your personal information
For the purpose of this Notice, personal information means all information collected, stored or otherwise handled by Takeda by which an individual can be identified or is identifiable.
What Information Is Collected
If you choose to communicate with Takeda, for example, by using any of the contact information we provide in the Application, we collect the information you choose to provide us, and use it to respond to you, and as described in our full Privacy Notice. In some cases, the Application provides you with the option to provide data to open text fields which is then used to provide Application functionality. That data is stored on the device and not transmitted. Deleting the Application from your device will delete all the data that you have entered.
When you use the Application Takeda will automatically collect certain data from your device, including data about your device, such as a unique anonymized ID – used to receive alerts from opt-in push notification services, frequency of usage of the Application, time and duration of use, time between use sessions, pages viewed within the Application, number of users, number of installations and deletions of the Application, etc. and language and region settings. This data is collected in an anonymized manner and not associate with any individual by Takeda.
This Application may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your device by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and to administer and improve the Application.
Takeda uses Google Analytics to help analyze how visitors use our sites and applications. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are small text files placed on your device, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information such as we describe above. This information is processed to compile aggregated statistical reports that are used by Takeda to understand and improve website and application usage, functionality, and content. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information, please visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. By using this Application, you acknowledge and accept the way information is collected and processed.
We may collect personal information about you when you interact with us, such as when you report a problem, or otherwise contact or communicate with us. This type of information will be transmitted to Takeda via email (or the means of communication you use) and will not be stored in the Application.
Health and fitness data that may be read and displayed in real time by this application includes: steps, walking & running, flights climbed, cycling, downhill snow sports, exercise minutes, move minutes, active energy (an estimate of energy burned in activity), resting energy (an estimate of energy burned during rest), standing time, swimming, vo2 max (estimate), workouts, weight, height, body fat percentage, body mass index, lean body mass, waist circumference, heart rate, heart rate variability, resting heart rate, blood oxygen, respiratory rate, body and muscle ache, fainting, fatigue, headache, lower back pain, and pelvic pain.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We process your anonymized information to understand how the Application and its content are used, to improve the Application and its content, or develop new applications or content, and to provide you with optimal functionality and operation, e.g. your unique anonymized ID is used to receive alerts from opt-in push notification services, as well as to manage and improve the Application.Any information collected when you interact with us (such as by sending us an email) may be used for the following purposes:
- Provide information and services that you have requested: Takeda may use the personal information about you to provide you information that you may request, e.g. information about a product that Takeda is offering.
- Share Your Story: Takeda may use your first name, province and the details provided in the story you share with us. We may edit the story to remove any additional personal information that you have included. Your story may be posted on this app and in any type of digital and social media. You may request to have your story deleted by following the directions provided below in the “How to Contact Us Section”.
- As described in Takeda’s Privacy Notice at https://www.takeda.com/en-ca/privacy-policy.
The health and fitness section of this application does not collect any data. However, based on the permissions you have granted the application, health and fitness data can be read from Apple HealthKit and displayed in real time in the application.
How Takeda Protects Your Personal Information
Please note that even though we have taken steps to help protect the personal information in our control, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
With Whom Takeda Shares Your Personal Information
Takeda may share the personal information about you with service providers that Takeda has retained to perform services on its behalf including (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; and (iii) customer service activities such as inviting you for certain events. Takeda has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing your personal information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on Takeda’s behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements. Takeda may also send certain types of personal information about you (e.g. demographic information such as name and contact information, products and services provided and health information) to Takeda affiliates, for the purposes described in this Notice or Takeda’s Privacy Notice at www.takeda.com/en-ca/privacy-policy. Takeda may also share the personal information about you with other Takeda affiliates, partners, government agencies and regulatory bodies where necessary to fulfil a legitimate business purpose or to comply with applicable legal requirements. Generally, Takeda may disclose the personal data about you (i) if you request or authorize such a request; (ii) to protect your or Takeda’s legal interest; (iii) to defend against potential or actual litigation; (iv) to abide by law, regulation or contract; (v) to respond to a court order, administrative process or judicial process, including, but not limited to, a subpoena or a search warrant; (vi) to respond to an emergency that is believed to threaten risk of harm to the individual or property; (vii) when disclosure is otherwise a necessary and legitimate consequence of your relationship with Takeda; (viii) for national security matters; (ix) for the performance of a task in the public interest; and (x) when disclosure is in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Takeda’s affiliates and service providers may be located in jurisdictions outside of Canada, in which case your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities in those foreign jurisdictions. If you have any questions, you may contact us using the information below.
Takeda reserves the right to share the personal information that it has collected in the event it sells, licenses or transfers all or a portion of its business or assets. Should such a sale, lease (licensing) or transfer occur, Takeda will make reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information about you in a manner that is consistent with this Notice.
Where We Store Your Information
The anonymized information collected is stored on a server of Takeda or our service provider(s).
The anonymized information stored on the server may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your home country. The Information may also be processed by any service providers appointed by us who operate outside of your home country and their staff, and/or our own staff based outside of your home country. These destination countries may have different or less protective privacy laws than those in your home country. By submitting or permitting us to collect your Information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside your home country. Information transferred will be treated in accordance with this Notice.
Other data that the Application may require to complete certain functionality, e.g. appointment information used in the appointment reminder feature, will be stored locally in the Application and not be accessible outside of the application itself.
Personal information that you choose to share with Takeda, for example if you choose to communicate with us, will be retained behind a firewall with other security arrangements. While these servers host applications that have been designed and implemented with security safeguards and the resulting emails are secured behind firewalls, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any data, including data distributed via email.
How Long We Store Your Information
Takeda will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to serve the purpose for which it was collected or to the extent necessary to comply with applicable legal requirement(s).
You may choose to delete all application information stored on your device at any time by uninstalling the Application. Uninstalling the Application from your device will remove all associated Application data that is stored on the device. Uninstallation and removal methods vary depending on your device. To uninstall and remove the Application, please use the application manager provided with your device or consult your device manual or online instructions provided by the device provider for reference.
Takeda will delete all of your information after an inactivity for a 1-year period.
How to Contact Us: Inquiries and Complaints
If you would like to make a request for Takeda to access, correct or delete personal data that you have provided to Takeda, please contact us by accessing our webform https://www.takeda.com/individualrights, and we will respond in a reasonable time.
If you have questions or complaints about Takeda’s privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com
Complaints about Takeda’s handling of your personal information may also be made to the appropriate Privacy Commissioner:
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada: https://www.priv.gc.ca/index_e.asp
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (Alberta): https://oipc.ab.ca/
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (British Columbia): https://www.oipc.bc.ca/
- Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec: http://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/english/
Acceptance and Consent
Takeda will always seek to obtain your consent where required by the applicable law. For example, Takeda will seek to obtain your explicit consent for (i) processing sensitive personal information in any form (ii) for using your personal data for any purposes other than those explained in this Notice or Takeda’s Privacy Notice at https://www.takeda.com/en-ca/privacy-policy, where required by law. In all other circumstances, by providing your personal information to Takeda, you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes described in this Notice. You have the ability to withdraw your consent for Takeda to collect and process your personal information at any time by contacting Takeda as outlined in the How to Contact Us: Inquiries and Complaints section above.
By using this Application, which is conditional upon your clicking "I agree", you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice and consent to the processing of your information for the purposes of this Application.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE SHALL SUPERSEDE ANY PREVIOUS ACCEPTANCE OF PRIVACY NOTICES RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION.
Takeda Canada Inc.
TAKEDA® and the TAKEDA Logo® are registered trademarks of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, used under license.
© 2022 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. All rights reserved.
Preparation Date: September 2022